You are here
Things to Bring With You:
- Government-Issued Photo Identification (ID) and Valid Travel Documents - for paricipants traveling by airplane, train, and/or any method other than driven by parent/guardian.
- Printout of Letter used to supplement travel documents from YYGS (provided on Application Status page after all tuition is paid to YYGS) - for paricipants traveling by airplane, train, and/or any method other than driven by parent/guardian.
- Laptop Computer, Tablet, or Equivalent
- Cell phone (with U.S. number or international phone with WhatsApp downloaded and ready to use on check-in day). If you don’t have a Smartphone, we recommend you purchase a cell phone and SIM card prior to check-in from any trusted retailer.
- Extra-Long Twin Sheets and a Bath Towel (one blanket and one pillow are provided.)*
- Sheets and a bath towel can be purchased for a fee of $35.00 USD. Limited sets are available, so don’t wait! We encourage students to bring their own sheets and towels.
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, deodorant/antiperspirant, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- Water Bottle (water is provided, but students need to bring their own water bottle)
- Fan (Please note that YYGS dormitory rooms are not air conditioned, and Yale does not permit air conditioners because student rooms are not electrically outfitted for this equipment. YYGS provides air conditioned auditoriums, common spaces, a health office, and classrooms where possible, and full access to drinking water. We recommend students bring a box fan or standing fan, since window fans are not permitted. YYGS does provide fans donated by alumni, which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Alternatively, students will be able to travel to local stores to purchase a fan after arriving.)
- Pens or pencils and notebooks or writing tablets
- Prescription medications in original bottles/containers with dosage information (YYGS will accommodate needs for medication that requires refrigeration.)
- Umbrella and light rain jacket
- Quarters for laundry. Laundry machines also accept debit / credit cards.
Please see your registration forms for information about how to submit payment for Early Arrival and/or Sheets & Bath Towel. Please note that all YYAS Alumni and Young Leaders (YL) Scholarship recipients will be contacted about this separately.