You are here
Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship (SDSE)
Dates: June 16 - June 29, 2019
The Sustainable Development & Social Entrepreneurship session (SDSE) is focused on exploring innovative solutions to the greatest challenges facing the international community today, including global health, international development, environmental sustainability, and gender equality.
Using an interdisciplinary approach, students work towards understanding and developing solutions to issues identified in the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. In SDSE, students will tackle wide-ranging topics, including poverty alleviation, human rights, environmental protection, and health and well-being. Students develop the practical and adaptive tools of an entrepreneur to propose innovative solutions to a wide array of contemporary social, economic, and environmental problems.
SDSE is a great fit if you are intrigued by any of the following (or related) questions:
- What are the most effective poverty alleviation strategies and how do we implement them?
- How can we design sustainable cities?
- How do social entrepreneurs use both business acumen and philanthropic principles to address social, cultural, and environmental challenges?
- What humanitarian intervention strategies effectively address peacebuilding objectives?
- How is access to education and public health interrelated?
- How do we balance environmental protections with economic development?