You are here
Have you found your dream job for this summer?
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) runs two-week, high school academic enrichment and leadership development programs for students from around the world. Approximately 700 students attend YYGS in each two-week period, split across three sessions housed in Pierson, Davenport, and Jonathan Edwards Colleges on Yale’s campus.YYGS is currently hiring staff to serve on the Residential Life Team this summer!
We’re hiring 9 Residential Advisors:
The Residential Advisor is a member of the Residential Life team, works regularly in one of three Program Offices and is responsible for:
- Working regular shifts in the Program Office (The participant hub for everything non-academic from lost keys and maintenance issues to sign in/out and roommate conflicts & the instructor hub for course supplies, A/V support and classroom needs.)
- Coordinating and implementing special events each session including check in, check out, and several others.
- Ensuring the safety and security of all participants and staff
- Ensuring adherence to program rules including attendance, behavior, curfew, and boundaries.
RAs take on one of three roles within their college (in addition to the above responsibilities):
- Special Events - The Special Events RA is responsible for overseeing the college’s special events including the Speaker Series, Talent Show, and Game Show Night. This RA identifies a planner (self or another member of team) for each event and ensures that events are organized and carried out well. They also coordinate recreational activities and museum visits during family time.
- Supplies - The Supplies RA is responsible for maintaining all supplies within the program office. This includes supplies for instructors, participants, and residential activities. The Supplies RA maintains a sign in and sign out process to ensure safekeeping of supplies. Additional roles include managing the Canteen (all food items are $1) and assisting instructors and residential life staff with IT and A/V needs (mostly with projectors).
- Hospitality - The Hospitality RA is responsible for several items within the college. This includes door signs, name tags, maintenance requests, lost keys, and other check in materials including linens, towels, and YYGS backpacks and notebooks. Additional roles include an active role in helping to set up and coordinate check ins and check outs.
This job is for you if you:
- Are eager to live on campus and have a passion to work with young students, ages 16 – 18
- Are in pursuit of an undergraduate degree or have attained a degree
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Have experience working on a team and a demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
- Enjoy working outdoors and don’t mind walking across campus several times per day and lifting up to 30 pounds
- Are available for occasional coordination meetings (virtual) in Spring 2019 and available to arrive on June 10 or by 8am June 11 and live on campus working full-time from June 11 (9am) — August 10 (5pm), 2019
How to Apply
To view the full job description, click here.
To apply, click here.