You are here
Have you found your dream job for this summer?
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) runs two-week, high school academic enrichment and leadership development programs for students from around the world. Approximately 700 students attend YYGS in each two-week period, split across three sessions housed in Pierson, Davenport, and Jonathan Edwards Colleges on Yale’s campus. YYGS is currently hiring health staff to serve on the Residential Life Team this summer!
We’re hiring 3 Health Staff Members:
Health Staff Members are part of the Residential Life team, work regularly in the Health Office, and are responsible for:
- Managing the Health Office during open hours (8am-11pm)
- Managing student medications
- Performing medical tasks such as recording temperature, blood pressure, respiratory rate, pulse, and food and fluid intake and output, as necessary.
- Triaging illnesses and injuries as they arise. This may include escorting patients to Yale Health and/or Yale New Haven Hospital.
- Following assigned policies, procedures, and restraints, and maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
This job is for you if you:
- Are eager to live on campus and have a passion to work with young students, ages 16 – 18
- Have experience working with the teenage population in an emergency or primary care setting
- Are an RN, LPN, or current student pursuing a degree in the medical field
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have experience working on a team and a demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
- Are detail-oriented
- Enjoy working outdoors and don’t mind walking across campus several times per day and lifting up to 30 pounds
- Are available for occasional coordination meetings (virtual) in Spring 2019 and available to arrive on June 12 and live on campus working full-time from June 12 (12:30pm) — August 10 (5pm), 2019
How to Apply
To view the full job description, click here.
To apply, click here.