You are here
Have you found your dream job for this summer?
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) runs two-week, high school academic enrichment and leadership development programs for students from around the world. Approximately 700 students attend YYGS in each two-week period, split across three sessions housed in Pierson, Davenport, and Jonathan Edwards Colleges on Yale’s campus.YYGS is currently hiring staff to serve on the Residential Life Team this summer!
We’re hiring 3 College Leads:
The College Lead is a member of the residential life leadership team and is responsible for:
- Managing one of three program offices (The participant hub for everything non-academic from lost keys and maintenance issues to sign in/out and roommate conflicts & the instructor hub for course supplies, A/V support and classroom needs.)
- Supervising three RAs and four interns who work in the program office.
- Overseeing residential aspects of the program.
- Directing the Residential Life Team in coordinating and implementing special events each session including (but not limited to) check in, check out, Speaker Series, Talent Show, Game Show Night, recreational activities, and the end of session party.
- Ensuring the safety and security of all participants and staff
- Ensuring participant adherence to program rules including behavior, curfew, and boundaries.
This job is for you if you:
- Are eager to live on campus and have a passion to work with young students, ages 16 – 18
- Have experience in effectively managing a team
- Have earned your bachelor’s degree or plan to complete it by summer
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including comfort with public speaking to an audience of 700+
- Possess superior organizations skills and an ability to multi-task
- Enjoy working outdoors and don’t mind walking across campus several times per day and lifting up to 30 pounds
- Are available for occasional coordination meetings (virtual) in Winter 2018-19 and Spring 2019 and available to arrive on June 8 and live on campus working full-time from June 8 (12:30pm) — August 10 (5pm), 2019
How to Apply
To view the full job description, click here.
To apply, click here.