You are here
Assistant Director of Residential Life
Have you found your dream job for this summer?
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) runs two-week, high school academic enrichment and leadership development programs for students from around the world. Approximately 700 students attend YYGS in each two-week period, split across three sessions housed in Pierson, Davenport, and Jonathan Edwards Colleges on Yale’s campus.YYGS is currently hiring staff to serve on the Residential Life Team this summer!
We’re hiring an Assistant Director of Residential Life (ADRL):
The ADRL works alongside the Director of Residential Life to:
- Organize and maintain all aspects of residential life across all of the colleges and sessions
- Create and promote a safe and welcoming environment and ensure safety and security for all staff and students
- Handle non-medical emergencies
- Facilitate program operations
- Manage the program office personnel who coordinate residential activities and operation
- The ADRL manages the entire Residential Life Team (Res Life) including three program offices and a health office
Specific ADRL roles include:
- Stay current with participant arrivals and departures and contact participants who don’t arrive when expected
- Create staff rotations each session for events including check in, check out, and the final party
- Organize appreciation events for Residential Life Staff
- Coordinate the final party each session with the help of a delegate from each program
- Review and approve/deny participant permission forms for admissions interviews and leaving campus
- Be the main point of contact for staff meals during orientation
This job is for you if you:
- Are eager to live on campus and have a passion to work with young students, ages 16 – 18
- Have experience in effectively managing a team
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including comfort with public speaking to an audience of 700+
- Possess superior organizations skills and an ability to multi-task
- Enjoy working outdoors and don’t mind walking across campus several times per day and lifting up to 30 pounds
- Are available for occasional coordination meetings (virtual) in Winter 2018-19 and Spring 2019 and available to arrive on June 5 and live on campus, working full-time from June 5 (12:30pm) — August 11 (5pm), 2019
How to Apply
To view the full job description, click here.
To apply, click here.